Not for Credit
Intern opportunities that do not provide academic credit and are not sponsored by the ENVS Program, but produce valuable experiences.
Bill Dvorak's Kayak and Rafting Expeditions Inc:
- Internship Opportunity Form (Spring/Summer 2013) (pdf)
- Dvorak Internship Program Job Description (pdf)
Boulder County Youth Corps Job Descriptions Link
Clean Energy Collective Jobs Descriptions Link
CU Cleantech: Student Placement Program
Evergreen Nature Center: Naturalist Internship (Summer 2013) (pdf)
Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association, Lee Vining, CA:
- Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association Bookstore Visitor Services Job Advertisement (Summer 2013)(pdf)
- Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association Bookstore Visitor Services Associates Positions Announcement (Summer 2013)(pdf)
The Greenway Foundation: The Greenway Foundation Environmental Educator Job Description Summer 2013 (pdf)
Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research: INSTAAR Internship Opportunity Form (Summer/Fall 2013) (pdf)
Mammoth and Mono Lakes, CA: Ranger District Internships (Summer/Fall 2013) (pdf)
NASA and NSF Internships
- Visit http://intern.nasa.gov to apply for up to 15 opportunities with a single application.
- NSF offers a wide variety of paid summer research experiences for undergraduates. To search over 600 programs, please visit: http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/undergrads.asp
- For summer research specifically in ocean sciences: http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/oceanscience.asp
- For mentoring and professional development support, please take a look at AGEP alliances: http://www.agep.us
New Era Colorado Democracy Fellowship (Summer 2013) (pdf)
The Peregrine Fund Peregrine Fund Internship South Texas (Summer 2013) (pdf)
Rocky Mountain Nature Association
- American Conservation Corps Crew Member (Summer 2014--transfer credit not guaranteed--check with your ENVS Academic Advisor) (pdf)
- American Conservation Corps Lead (Summer 2014) (pdf)
- Olson and Bailey Fellowships Intern (Summer/Fall 2014) (pdf)
San Juan Natural Resources Internship Program: Information on website.
Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance: SUWA Paid Internship Greater Canyonlands Tabling Campaign Coordinator (pdf)
The Student Conservation Association (SCA) is a nonprofit organization that offers conservation internships and summer trail crew opportunities to more than 3,000 people each year. SCA is focused on developing conservation and community leaders while getting important work done on the land. Founded in 1957 to restore and protect America’s public lands and preserve them for future generations, SCA remains committed to this goal today.
The San Juan Collaboratory The University of Colorado at Boulder (UCB), Fort Lewis College (FLC), and the Mountain Studies Institute (MSI) have developed a new collaborative effort for integrated, interdisciplinary studies on the Western Slope of Colorado. "Through this coordinated effort, we will develop multi-disciplinary, problem-oriented research efforts to serve the needs of rural Southwestern Colorado and establish on-site learning opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels by building bridges between educational institutions and community groups."
Interns will work with researchers and environmental managers on a variety of projects spanning hydrology, water quality, and ecology and addressing issues such as climate change, land development, air and water pollution, and ecosystem protection. Interns will be based in various locations (but mainly in Durango and Silverton, CO). Interns will participate in 2 program-wide field trips, prepare a poster about their internship experience, and will present the poster at an internship exhibit. Interns will receive a $2,750 stipend, lodging, and transportation while on program field trips. Some positions may require that the intern have their own transportation to their work site. Students electing to receive academic credit will pay tuition at either Fort Lewis College of UC Boulder. All interns are required to take the short course.
US Geological Survey USGS Paid Hydrologic Technician Internship (Summer 2013) (pdf)
- Announcements -
Thu Dec 19, 2013
- News -
Dec 04, 2013
Nov 22, 2013
- Faculty Focus -
Removal of Carbon Dioxide from the Atmosphere using Electrochemically Modulated Complexation; Properties and Uses of Ionic Liquids; Non-Mechanical Pumping of Fluids